- Will has the bodies burnt
- After a long exhausting hike through the desert we run into caravan from the same Sharastan tribe as Horus. The group elects Barret leader of group and Horus as the speaker for the group. The caravan informs us that the outpost we were making for was destroyed
Horace makes a deal with his kin for us to join their caravan in return for our company to provide protection. We also must free the slaves in the slave outpost.
- Horus gets into hot water concerning the magical amulet that is apparently evil that he got from the corpse of the corpse of the head slaver. Barrett takes the amulet and gets into heated argument with the caravan over it. Just when it seems like a fight is about to break out Saleen diffuses the matter
- The caravan makes its way to the foothills but it seems like they’re being followed. Men on horseback chase them across the desert and into the mountains.
Our party, along with some of the caravan’s warriors, mount the giant birds and ride along the caravan while fighting the assailants. Only one of the members of the caravan tribe, a young man, dies.
The marauders are led by a powerful robed man who uses magic to become enormous and fly.
- Saleen works with the rest of the caravan mages to prepare a spell that will dump a rockslide on the horsemen right after the caravan turns a sharp corner into a gorge in the mountains. The spell is successful and crushes most of the horsemen and blocking the path for the others.
- As the caravan climbs the mountainside and turns another corner a boulder crushes the first caravan against the cliff face killing most of the people. Barrett and Ben jump off just at the right time. The second caravan skids to a crash and the group notices archers on high and a wall of soldiers blocking the only escape. It was an ambush.
The band of assailants was led by a Djinn all along and he curses the caravan tribe for bringing evil into his lands. He demands that they destroy the evil or that he will slaughter the rest of them.
- Horus pleads with the Djinn that they have gotten rid of the amulet and they will leave immediately but the Djinn will hear none of it. Horus suggests that Barrett is the source of the Djinn’s outrage and finally Barrett steps forward.
- Barrett exchanges harsh words with the Djinn calling him a hypocrite and a fool
- The Djinn suggests that the man is not what he seems. Saleen attempts to stab Barrett in the back but he dodges it. The Djinn turns invisible and a dark shroud is cast across the clearing surrounding Barrett.
The soldiers charge the party on horseback. Gripnar casts a spell that fills the canyon with thorny roots, stopping the soldiers in their tracks and trapping them in the darkness.
The fight goes on against the Djinn and his lackeys. Horus tries his best to help the survivors while the fight rages on. Eventually the Djinn is slain but not before he takes a final swing at Barrett, cutting him down.
- As Barrett falls, some of the party members see a shadowy creature with wings, fangs and claws appears and flies into the shadows. It slaughters the remaining enemies. A dark stream flies from the shroud and back into Barrett, all of his wounds completely healed.
The Age of Algol
The Desert Caravan